Can TemplateMonster Claim The Best Website Templates?
*Note: Since writing this review, several users have left coments complaining about both the themes and service. Be sure to scroll down and read these before making any purchases!
Find out what I uncovered about TemplateMonster website templates. Learn the difference between a website template and a theme. Get the full scope of TemplateMonster product section by section. Discover the pros and cons of doing business with TemplateMonster and find out if they really have the best website templates.
Product: TemplateMonster website themes and templates.
Overall Ranking: 58 out of 100.
Price: TemplateMonster offers themes and templates separated by category. They each have a separate price. The range goes from 1 page templates as low as $14.00 to premium themes up to $139.00.
TemplateMonster offers additional services such as installation and customization upon checkout. Prices and services depend on the specific product.
Owner: David Braun.
Introduction To TemplateMonster
TemplateMonster officially opened its Internet doors on May 24, 2002. They are an established business with over 14 years helping people build websites. The original vision was simple and it’s the same to this day. Make website design easy for developers by offering pre-constructed templates at an affordable price.
TemplateMonster currently holds the largest online library of themes, templates, and more. They have over 26,000 templates to choose from and add 450 – 500 new designs each month. TemplateMonster definitely gives customers enough templates to choose from, but do they provide the best website templates available?
Theme Vs. Template – What’s The Difference?
I’ll clear up the topic of theme Vs. template before going any further. A template is a coded file and a theme is made up of several templates. A theme usually uses the same template multiple times, although some themes do come with different template options. While the theme gives your website the look and feel you desire, the templates used are the real foundation of the theme.
Some website engines like Drupal use the term template instead of theme which adds to the confusion. If you read or hear someone talking about the best website templates, it’s not a bad idea to clarify which interpretation is being used. For the purpose of this article we’ll be using the definition I provided.
Pros And Cons Of TemplateMonster
The best website templates must surely pass the test of pros and cons. This will give you a better idea whether or not TemplateMonster truly has them. It’ll show the services offered by TemplateMonster as well as any negative feedback about them.
TemplateMonster holds an edge over its competitors by having the largest assortment of themes and templates. Having the best website templates doesn’t mean having the most, but it sure doesn’t hurt. Having trouble finding a certain theme or the right look for a landing page? TemplateMonster has you covered. Here’s all the benefits and what they have to offer.
- A Known Company – TemplateMonster is a well known provider of premium themes and templates. With over 1,500,000 customers served, you won’t have to worry about reliability.
- Pricing – The cost of product is right in line with all competitors.
- Themes And Templates For A Variety Of CMS Types – Many people prefer to work with WordPress but not all do. TemplateMonster offers a ton of themes and templates for those who prefer Joomla, Moto CMS 3, and Drupal to name just a few.
- Templates For A Variety Of Purposes – Perhaps you’re looking for a mobile responsive template. Maybe your needs fall more along the line of a photoshop design template. TemplateMonster has them all.
- E-Commerce Templates – TemplateMonster has templates with all the major E-Commerce providers. PrestaShop, WooCommerce, Magento, OpenCart, and Shopify are a few of your choices.
- Themes And Templates By Category – Easily find themes and templates within your specific niche.
- Packaged Features – Each theme and template comes with a package of built in features.
- Free Stock Photos – Each product includes 7-15 relevant stock photos.
- Sample Templates – TemplateMonster provides several free templates for interested buyers to play with. Get the feel of the product before you make a final decision.
I say it in every review I write. Every company has cons. Any company that’s been around for more than a year or two will have complaints. The very nature of a company can be a drawback to some customers. If a company is young they have no experience. If a company is big, you’re just another number to them. See what I mean? Let’s take a look at those cons that concern TemplateMonster.
- Refund Policy – In all fairness to TemplateMonster it’s hard to have an open refund policy when you’re dealing with digital information. Once you’ve bought and downloaded a theme or template, it can’t really be taken back. Refunds from TemplateMonster must be more along the lines of broken product or product misrepresentation. You have 7 days to make a claim from the time of any purchase.
- Customer Complaints – They mostly concern dealing with customer service after getting a faulty template. This kind of thing is unfortunate but almost predictable with 1,500,000 customers. Since writing this review, users continue to complain about the out of date WordPress coding and terrible customer service. Read the comments below.
- Pricing Of Services – Installation, customization, and other services seem very pricey to me.
In the rare occasion that you do purchase a faulty template or theme, the refund policy appears to be a huge process. Those are the main cons I was able to come up with and I do encourage any feedback you readers might have in this regard.
Who Are TemplateMonster Themes And Templates Built For?
Web design specialists save precious amounts of time each year buying from TemplateMonster. They could code the templates themselves, but it’s far more efficient to buy one pre-made.
For those of us who don’t know code (yes like me), TemplateMonster provides the tools we need to look like we do.
TemplateMonster Training And Tools
The themes and templates at TemplateMonster come with documentation which includes installation instructions. The help center offers tutorials on a wide range of subjects from WordPress to Joomla. Find available tutorials listed in a sidebar or use the search box to look up a particular task. The best website templates come equipped with more than just instructions at TemplateMonster.
There are two forms of tools available at TemplateMonster. The first comes along with the product. It includes the documentation with instructions on installation. After that you’ll be using whatever tools come with the particular theme or template you’ve selected.
The second set of tools comes in the form of the TemplateMonster service center. Here you can pay to have your site built for you completely, or hire for smaller website tasks. Have a look at what they offer along with prices for each.
- Template Installation – Have your template or theme professionally installed within 3 hours. The cost is
- Logo Placement – Hire TemplateMonster to add your logo with proper site placement and appearance. This service runs
$49.00$24.00 and takes up to 12 hours.
- Must Have Plugins For WordPress – Get a package of the 7 most highly recommended plugins for your WordPress site. The asking price for this service is
$79.00$39.00 and is completed within 3 hours.
- Google Analytics For WordPress – Have analytics integrated into your website within three hours for the cost of
- Joomla Extensions Bundle – Get the recommended Joomla components. The price for this service runs
- Complete Change In Color Scheme – You pick the colors you want and TemplateMonster will make the changes for you. Pay
$99.00$49.00 to go with this service.
Navigating TemplateMonster To Find The Best Website Templates
At some point in the growth of the company they must have realized the need to organize the many templates and themes being added. Organizing over 26,000 themes and templates is no small feat and TemplateMonster has done well with it. Here’s a breakdown of the menu which shows what TemplateMonster has to offer.
Templates are divided by which Content Management System they were made to be used with. Here’s the current list of what TemplateMonster offers.
- WordPress Themes – Over 1150 WordPress themes can be found.
- Drupal Themes – Over 450 Drupal themes are available to browse.
- Joomla Templates – Search through over 1000 Joomla templates.
- Moto CMS 3 Templates – Featuring over 300 of these.
- Moto CMS HTML Templates – A great collection of nearly 1700 templates.
- Turnkey Websites – Over 160 drag and drop administration templates.
- Flash CMS Templates – Built with spectacular image design in mind. Find over 750 templates.
Don’t be confused here. These are all Content Management Systems which means for the purpose of this article they are themes. Each one gives you the structure to build an entire website instead of just one file.
TemplateMonster arranges themes and templates by their purpose. You’ll find them according to what they would be used for just like this:
- Responsive Templates – Over 7500 themes and templates that are fully adaptive to tablet and mobile use.
- Landing Page Templates – Choose between 189 different landing page designs and direct your visitors to that content.
- Bootstrap Themes – For those who prefer HTML5 and CSS3 framework. Pick from over 1170 bootstrap themes.
- HTML5 Site Templates – Over 4200 HTML5 themes to for your selection including Intense, the #1 bestseller.
- PSD (Photoshop Design) Templates – A variety of 3,000 plus themes with graphic source files.
- Facebook Themes – Close to 1400 themes and templates specially designed for Facebook presentation.
Other specialized templates are also available like Unbounce, Photo Gallery, Newsletter, and Muse. They even have a few templates to sharpen the look of your admin pages.
TemplateMonster supports the building of E-commerce sites and pages in many different forms. Here’s a look at what you’ll find.
- Magento Themes – Nearly 350 themes and templates for those who prefer a Magento estore.
- VirtueMart Templates – Designed specifically to work with Joomla. Pick from over 500 VirtueMart templates.
- ZenCart Templates – Create bigger web stores with more merchandising features. Browse over 400 templates in this category.
- PrestaShop Themes – Its easy set up and manageability make PrestaShop a consumer favorite. Choose from over 1100 themes and templates.
- OpenCart Templates – TemplateMonster offers over 650 OpenCart themes and templates. Make use of their free OpenCart template and become familiar with this style of site building.
- Shopify Themes – Known for their responsive designs. A selection of 250 Shopify themes will give you plenty to look at.
- WooCommerce Themes – One of the most popular engines for running an electronic store. TemplateMonster has a current selection of over 300 WooCommerce themes and templates.
- osCommerce Templates – Known as the most specialized in configuration and design, osCommerce templates are for stores with enormous needs. TemplateMonster has a healthy selection of over 350 to choose from.
Those interested can also find a small selection of JigoShop and Moto CMS themes.
The Best Website Templates Organized By Category
The category menu lets visitors to TemplateMonster view themes and templates according to their area of expertise. There are 17 categories to help define your search parameters. They range from Sports, Outdoors, and Travel to Medical and Health Care.
I like how TemplateMonster has organized their main menu. It allows you to select the category that applies to your website and then search all the other styles of themes and templates under only that category.
Plugins And Assets
This menu section is relatively new. TemplateMonster is starting to add WordPress plugins and extensions for Magento and PrestaShop. They’ve added After Effects templates which are video templates. Lastly, you’ll find a selection of over 400 Power Point templates in this new section.
Help is a click away from any page on the TemplateMonster site via the live chat option. The support team is more than willing to guide you through the many products to the template or theme that works best for your needs. Chat is the quickest method to get in touch with a real person.
Feel free to submit a ticket via email when you don’t have the time to spend on chat but still want to get the ball rolling. Phone numbers for billing, marketing, and legal are also provided onsite. TemplateMonster collected and sorted the many questions they’ve answered over their 14 years in business. These articles are archived and may contain the answer you need or you might find it in the FAQ section.
The selection and the quality of themes and templates qualifies TemplateMonster as having the best website templates. It does in my opinion. I will divulge that they aren’t the cheapest in town. Most templates start at $14.00 and go up from there. Themes start at $45.00 on the low end and increase according to ability.
I did see themes as cheap as $10.00 elsewhere, though they had nothing near the selection of TemplateMonster. I also saw one offer pushing 10 themes for $10.00 with even less of a selection. The point is that there are deals out there but be sure to investigate the seller first. TemplateMonster does run special sales as well so be on the lookout for those.
Overall Ranking: 58 out of 100.
I’m a big fan of the huge selection at TemplateMonster because an important part of finding the right template is having enough to look at and choose from. I do think you pay a little more for the brand name and for the security of dealing with an established business. Still, the quality of themes and templates along with the volume of product leaves no doubt in my mind that TemplateMonster does indeed carry the best website templates.
That ends the TemplateMonster review and my attempt to divulge the best website templates. I encourage people to do their due diligence when theme and template shopping. TemplateMonster offers some good solutions, though I still like Elegant Themes and the StudioPress Genesis Framework.
Lastly and as always, I highly encourage anyone starting a website or blog to read my Wealthy Affiliate University Review. No other existing platform offers the price, services, training, community, and level of support as Wealthy Affiliate. Thanks for joining me this time. Please remember to hit like if you liked it and share if you believe in it. Geoff@ThePocketFeeder.com